“Indeed, stock is everything in cooking, at least in French Cooking. Without it nothing can be done. If one’s stock is good, what remains of the work is easy; if on the other hand, it is bad, or merely mediocre, it is quite hopeless to expect anything approaching a satisfactory result. The cook mindful of success, therefore will naturally direct his attention to the faultless preparation of his stock……”The Escoffier Cookbook, A. Escoffier, Crown Publishers, 1941
I’m excited to begin my recipe blog adventure with you. The idea came from an accidentally-made local chicken soup. I thought it would be fun, especially heading into the cold weather season to create a ‘stock box’ that would include the essential mirepoix ingredients of celery carrots and onions along with some other root vegetables and aromatics!
My challenge is to:
- Source all of the ingredients to be local and/ or organic weekly through the winter months.
- Share my personal recipes for the soups, sauces and stocks from Isador’s Organics that you have come to love.
- Provide additional farm fresh ingredients for purchase, and informative support so that you get the most use out of your fresh ingredients.
My challenge to you is:
- Buy a stock box from Isador’s (they will be priced at a value under $15)!
- Follow one of my recipes for a stock, sauce or soup, or, create your own, thereby creating a “Heart of Massachusetts” warming meal for you and your family!
Community Karma Points: Take a picture and post it on instagram with the hashtags #JustinsStockBox and #IsadorsOrganics to gain community karma points to be redeemed for praise and discounts at Isador’s!
Now available online at: isadors.com: $2 off first time online or mobile orders! Click “Order Online” in the main menu above!