It’s the first day of Fall! This is my favorite season – apple picking, pumpkin everything, sweatshirts and best of all…
My go to dish that is loved by everyone under my roof (which isn’t always easy with kids!) is Stuffed Peppers. In honor of the Autumnal Equinox, I made Stuffed Peppers last night. Here is my recipe, enjoy!
5-6 Peppers (color depending on preference. Green adds a punch while red is a little sweeter)
1lb Ground Beef (I use 90/10 Grassfed Beef)
1/2 cup Rice (I use 1/2 cup dry Jasmine rice, 1 cup water and some olive oil)
1 small to medium onion
Garlic cloves (as much or as little depending on your preference)
1 24 oz jar of your favorite tomato sauce (I use Tomato and Basil)
6-7 strips of bacon (the thicker and fattier, the better)
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Core and Par Boil the Peppers
- Cook the rice
- Dice the onion and garlic and add to the uncooked ground beef
- Add the cooked rice to the beef mixture, season with S & P
- Fill the peppers with the mixture
- Cover the peppers with tomato sauce
- Layer bacon on top of each pepper
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour (internal temp 160 degrees)
Par Boil for about 3-5 minutes
Stuff those peppers!
Bacon of course!
Fall comfort food at it’s finest!